The Independent State Store Union (ISSU)
The Independent State Store Union (ISSU) is the oldest continuous independent union representing state store managers working in the Pennsylvania state store system. As a democratic employee union defending the rights of state store managers against PLCB management, our mission is:
- To organize all persons employed by the Commonwealth through the PLCB as ISSU may deem appropriate into a strong democratic union.
- To preserve, protect and improve Civil Service status.
- To work for an alcohol policy for Pennsylvania that creates an environment for the state store system to flourish for the common good of all the citizens in the Commonwealth.
- To advance the welfare of all members of ISSU.
- To promote efficiency in government service and improve working conditions, hours, terms and conditions of employment.
- To promote favorable and oppose unfavorable legislation.